[teknoids] Well, this is it

John Mayer jmayer at cali.org
Thu Dec 22 10:19:15 EST 2016

You will be missed.

My earliest memory of you is making a bad joke about your former last name
.. "Dean".  I think I said something silly like, "When you get promoted are
they gonna call you Dean Dean? or "Dean^2 ?"

Very few folks still around from the DOS PC days when the idea of a law
school having a computer lab or Director of Computer Services (later Dir of
IT).  You could write a book about the journey I am sure.

It was a always interesting reading your posts, attending your CALICon
sessions and just talking shop.  It was doubly so that you were an all too
rare representative of another gender in our "profession".

Good grief, this is sounding like a eulogy.  I do feel a little sad that
you are leaving, but I am happy to call you a friend.

Luck on your next adventure!

With Love,
John

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Johnson, Cyndi <johnson at law.unm.edu> wrote:

> Today is my final day doing an honest day’s work for a paycheck. UNM will
> close for winter break after today so I’ll leave with the rest of the staff
> and just won’t come back in January. Chad Covey will take my place as the
> IT Services Manager.
>
> I’ve made such incredible friends over the past many years and am having a
> hard time thinking about not seeing you again, so let’s just leave it that
> we’ll meet again in the future somehow, somewhere. I wish nothing but the
> best for you in your future endeavors, both personally and professionally.
>
> With lots of love and fond memories,
>
> Cyndi
>

> Cyndi Johnson
>
> Director/Assistant Dean for Information Technology
>
> UNM School of Law
>
> (505) 277-0695

John Mayer
Executive Director