[teknoids] Job Posting: Electronic Services Librarian
Colleen C. Williams
ccwillia at uark.edu
Tue Aug 23 17:42:26 EDT 2016
Please excuse the cross-posting.
The Robert A. and Vivian Young Law Library at the University of Arkansas has an opening for Electronic Services Librarian. This is a full-time, tenure-track position. Please see https://jobs.uark.edu/postings/15682 for a full description and application instructions.
Summary of Duties:
The Electronic Services Librarian will manage the Law Library's electronic information resources and provide technical support to end-users and the library administration, including assistance with authentication, license agreements, and payments. To this end, the librarian will help with the evaluation and acquisition of electronic resources, arranges trials of new resources, and maintain the library's business relationships with vendors. The librarian will also collect and report appropriate user and system statistics for annual reports required by the ABA and maintain other statistics for reporting and for collection development purposes. Some reference service will be required as well as developing and providing training programs on electronic services for the Law Library for faculty, students, and staff and offering programs to faculty for their classes that focus on electronic services available in the Law Library. The librarian will also use the academic library's proxy server to provide law faculty, students, and staff access to our electronic resources. The librarian will use Sierra's ERM and Serials modules to maintain records of electronic resource purchases, subscription status, licensing, passwords, and other information. In addition to this, the librarian will assist with accessioning and downloading of cataloging and other records to Sierra for our electronic services from Cassidy and other vendors and assist the academic library's personnel as needed to facilitate Law School access and use of the university's institutional repository. The librarian will also work with the Law Library Business Manager as needed in maintaining the status of subscriptions for electronic resources, providing invoices, and assuring proper payments are made to vendors. Finally, the librarian will assist in co-teaching the Essentials of Legal Research class as may be required.
* Master's degree in Library Science or the equivalent from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited program
* Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association (ABA)-accredited program
* Demonstrated knowledge of electronic legal information resources
* Demonstrated potential to meet Library tenure and promotion standards
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated experience in electronic librarianship
* Demonstrated experience with contract negotiation, software licensing, or the ability to interact with vendor representatives
* Demonstrated experience working with Innovative Interface's Sierra or similar ILS
Please contact search committee chair Colleen Williams with any questions.
Young Law Library, University of Arkansas School of Law
Fayetteville, AR 72701
ccwillia at uark.edu<mailto:ccwillia at uark.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Teknoids