[teknoids] O365 Mac Metadata

Nelson, Stephen stephen.nelson at marquette.edu
Tue Apr 26 10:36:47 EDT 2016

I am looking for instructions on removing personal identifying metadata in Office 365 Mac Word. Our campus prohibits installing O365 on university machines, so I have not been able to spend any time looking at it.

I worked with a student to remove metadata. We tackled all the track changes and comments and then edited the file/properties to remove personal identifying information. He saved it as a test file. When I open the file on my Windows 10 desktop using Word 2016, the student email is displayed as last saved by.

Has anyone successfully dealt with this problem?

Steve Nelson
stephen.nelson at marquette.edu
Marquette University Law School
Media & Technology Group