[teknoids] Casetext in law schools anyone?

Anna C. Russell russell at sandiego.edu
Mon Oct 26 12:54:18 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Casetext.com is a very new legal research vendor hoping to offer free access to cases (and statutes) with its very own homegrown citator system.  Their platform has some very cool web tools behind it.  Their company also has some very knowledgeable folks working in it.  I am just wondering what other law schools are doing with this new "free" platform and others like it such as Ravel Law.  Are you supporting their advertising at your schools yet?  They are using student efforts to fill-in their citator system.  They have made a game out of the process so students know they are doing the work, but it is competitive so they keep doing it.  It's all very interesting.  I'd appreciate any thoughts on how much traction they have made on other campuses if any yet.

Best,
Anna

Electronic Resources Librarian
University of San Diego School of Law