[teknoids] Online Platforms other than Classcaster?

John Mayer jmayer at cali.org
Wed Oct 21 11:20:17 EDT 2015

Classcaster is a Wordpress-based system that CALI has configured so that
law faculty don't have to host their courses on vendor/advertising
supported websites.  As Elmer's reply demonstrates, we are constantly
experimenting with features and ideas that are relevant to legal education.

Wordpress is a deep and rich open source community with Classcaster
standing on its shoulders to benefit, so we think it's got a future for
developing integrated courses materials that can tie in books (eLangdell),
CALI lessons, formative assessment, discussion, experiential learning, etc.

What are you looking for?  We crave feedback and want to make our tools
better.

Regards,
John

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Gabriel Teninbaum <gteninbaum at suffolk.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m working on an online course, and wondering if people have had success
> with any platform other than Blackboard products.  We own a license, but
> it’s not as aesthetically pleasing as I’d like it to be (though I do like
> it’s functionality).  Other experiences, preferably low-cost/easy to use
> platforms?
>

> Thanks all,
>
> Gabe

> Gabriel H. Teninbaum,
>
> Professor of Legal Writing
>
> Director,  Institute on Law Practice Technology & Innovation
> <http://lawpracticetechnology.blogs.law.suffolk.edu/>
>
> Director, Legal Technology & Innovation Concentration
> <http://www.suffolk.edu/law/academics/concentrations/25484.php>
>
> Suffolk University Law School
>
> 120 Tremont Street, Suite 320-B
>
> Boston, MA  02108
>
> 617.305.6208 (ph.)
>
> 617.305.3091 (fax)
>
> Learn more about my work and interests by clicking here
> <http://www.lawlab.io/>.
>
> [image: lpti_logo]

----------
John Mayer