[teknoids] Getting data from MS SQL to MySQL

Tracey McCartney tracey at fairhousing.com
Fri Jun 5 14:48:20 EDT 2015

Teknoids:

We have an MS SQL 2005 database with a table that contains about 4500
records, including a text field that is the full text of judicial decisions
in HTML format.  As such, that field is full of commas and quotation marks,
which is creating problems for a conventional comma-delimited export.

What is going to be the best method for exporting this table for migration
to a new web site that will be on a MySQL database? I have MS Access and SQL
Server Management Studio (the lite/free version), and I used Access to
export a .csv file which is probably useless because of the delimiters.  I
would assume that .csv is going to be the best file format for the export,
in terms of importing through phpMyAdmin if we can make it work, but please
correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Tracey McCartney

Tennessee Fair Housing Council