[teknoids] ACES2 and document imaging

Whitcomb, Jeff jmwhitco at samford.edu
Fri Jul 17 08:59:15 EDT 2015

At the moment we have nothing automatic here. We are manually requesting and downloading documents from ACES2 and uploading them in to Banner Document Management (BDM). With the pending turndown of USI, we will be moving to the University's Slate and PDT system for moving students into Banner, so if we move the documents from ACES2 to Slate (likely a manual process), then the documents can be automatically moved from Slate to BDM as the Undergrads are doing today.

I'm told I can manually create the upload control file for BDM, place the documents we manually download from ACES2 on a network share and have the control file run. Slate automates the creation of the control file, but if our student information is currently not in Slate and the documents are not stored in Slate for it to know where they are, it can't create the control file.

If anyone has ideas and a better way to do this, I'm all ears.

Jeff Whitcomb
Technology Services Manager
Technology Services - Cumberland School of Law

205-726-4662<tel:205-726-4662> | office
205-726-4457 | fax
jmwhitco at samford.edu<mailto:jmwhitco at samford.edu>
cumberland.samford.edu<http://cumberland.samford.edu>