[teknoids] Question about courtroom technology

Gallo, Corky CGALLO at emory.edu
Wed Jul 1 11:34:08 EDT 2015

We renovated our courtroom 2 years ago.  Overall cost was $85K+.

Attached is a zip file with AV costs, some pics + project mgmt. and mic configuration lists. One of the issues with this courtroom is that it also serves as a classroom (with a slightly different orientation), and the projector screen is too far to serve those seats effectively. To that end we've added a 70" flat panel for that area.

There are 3 Vaddio wall-mounted cameras. 16 mics throughout the room, as well as 8 speaker zones.  Audioconferencing, videoconferencing, and 2 recording systems. Most of our recording is done onto an Echo360 appliance.  Recordings can be done ad hoc, or with several classes I set them up to record the entire semester.  The instructor, if s/he so chooses, has the capability to sit at the bench and operate the cameras from a larger touch screen that has video feedback on it.  We've also setup our Moot Court society to use it through Echo.
-
Corky Gallo
Assistant Director, Information Technology
Emory University School of Law
cgallo at emory.edu
404-727-5310