[teknoids] "Walkup" student computers

Johnson, Cyndi johnson at law.unm.edu
Fri Feb 20 17:20:20 EST 2015

Thanks for all the replies. I am really more interested in computers that are intended to be used standing up, for short durations. We also have a computer lab and public patron computers but the idea of the walkup computers is that they are short-term, quick use and are scattered throughout the building. Our students can print over the wireless network but unfortunately, wireless is sometimes flaky here (disclaimer...it's managed by central IT) and the printers are at the opposite ends of the building with the majority of our classrooms dead center.

For those of you who can see embedded pics, here are a couple of ideas for implementation.

eNook Pro - for our forum. The advantage is we can fold them up for when we have formal events:
[cid:image001.png at 01D04B7E.90F32240]

[cid:image008.jpg at 01D04D20.BB0BF680]

Typical installation on main campus:
[cid:image008.jpg at 01D04C26.8086A3C0]

Cyndi
Cyndi Johnson
Director/Assistant Dean for Information Technology
UNM School of Law
(505) 277-0695