[teknoids] "Walkup" student computers

Dax Phillips daxphillips at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:44:49 EST 2015

Hi Cyndi -

At Marquette University Law School, we have two labs for students where
they can log in and use their credentials, as well as five public
terminals, excluding library reference machines, that are configured
slightly different. The public kiosks are configured using Opera kiosk
mode. They timeout to desktop screensavers that access our digital signage
for upcoming events. The browser landing page is set to
https://law.marquette.edu/assets/technology/kiosk/ for self-help, browser,
and library resources. We also include an array of mobile charging cables
at these kiosks should students/patrons want to do a quick charge for their
device. The public kiosks are basically low profile, secured computer pucks
attached to the back of the computer monitor. Very low maintenance, and
occasional restarts are the only thing that is required.

Usage is slim, but a good service to say the least, especially for those
attending conferences, and other events. Reality is that students are tuned
in with their mobile devices.

Have a great weekend...

Dax