[teknoids] MS-300 Microform Scanner

John Joergensen jjoerg at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 19 15:32:08 EST 2015

I don't want to get off on a rant here, but this kind of thing really
bothers me.  Cutting off support for expensive durable equipment is an
inexcusable practice, and companies such as Canon, Minolta (we have a
ps7000 book scanner on Windows 2000, last software update, 2006). and
Crowley (that makes very expensive high-end fiche and film scanners and
shows up to AALL), do not deserve our business.

Large corporations who also buy this sort of equipment can afford to
replace expensive machinery on a regular basis.  We, however, get
limited opportunities to do so, and this stuff has to be made to last.
That includes software drivers.

I'd rather pay even more up front, or get a lower quality machine, but
have updated drivers available.

John

John Joergensen
Associate Dean for Information Services and Professor of Law
Rutgers University School of Law - Newark
jjoerg at andromeda.rutgers.edu