[teknoids] Is anyone using enterprise social media to capture internal communications?

Jill A. Smith jas515 at law.georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 11 13:40:02 EST 2015

Debbie, in addition to all the features mentioned by Elmer, the mobile apps are also really great. You can control what sort of interactions cause the app to ping you and let you know you have a message (e.g. someone mentions you by name, never for this project channel, etc.).  Non-pinged messages just sit in their channels like e-mail, waiting for you to take notice of them.

The way images and website previews are displayed is also very nice.

I’m sure there are features it has and ways that it has dug into our department that I can’t even articulate – once you get used to using it (and it’s very intuitive and helpful when you start out), it becomes a very seamless part of the workday.

Jill A. Smith  |  Instructional Technology Librarian
GEORGETOWN LAW  |  jas515 at law.georgetown.edu<mailto:jas515 at law.georgetown.edu>
111 G. Street NW  |  Washington DC 20001
202.662.9165