[teknoids] Thoughts on an Open Book Final Exam - and a Kindle Casebook

Loftus Becker lofty at me.com
Mon Aug 24 21:32:49 EDT 2015

One possibility:

1. Install the Kindle reader on his laptop.

2. Inspect it immediately before the exam, making sure that the ONLY book on his Kindle reader is the casebook.

3. Run the exam allowing access to software on the computer but NOT access to the Internet, so he can’t download anything more onto the Kindle.

The problem with that is that he’d have access to other software on his computer, which you might not want.

Second possibility:

1. Wipe everything but the casebook from his Kindle (he can restore them later).

2. Give the exam in a room without wireless access.

The problem here is that there may be no such room.

Lofty