[teknoids] For AALL members: propose and vote for topics for next year's annual meeting by Aug. 18

Ginsberg, Deborah dginsberg at kentlaw.iit.edu
Fri Aug 14 16:30:48 EDT 2015

Hi, Teknoids:

First: please excuse the cross-posting for some of you and the irrelevancy
for others. We're trying to reach as many AALL members as we can.  That
said, this Idealscale platform I mention below is pretty interesting.
Maybe it could be used for other conferences and projects that need to
gather ideas?

Second: I am a member of the 2016 Annual Meeting Program Committee. We
would like to know what you'd like to see in Chicago next year. We're using
Ideascale to solicit program ideas from our members and vote for which ones
we think will work best.

Share your program ideas <http://aall-ampc.ideascale.com/> through August
18 and see what’s already trending. To vote on an idea, simply click the up
or down arrows to the right of the idea title/description. To submit an
idea, you'll need to create a basic login. You can adjust your profile
settings to contribute anonymously, if you prefer. This year’s content
areas are:

   - The Business of Law (Supporting the organization's mission; the
   economics of law, key drivers, trends, profitability, value, funding)
   - Marketing, Communication, & Advocacy (Promoting library services and
   resources, needs assessment, and demonstrating value to the organization)
   - Data & Content Management (Organizing, collecting, preserving,
   presenting information and resources)
   - Research (Research tools, skills, efficiencies, methods, results)
   - Leadership, Administration, & Career Development (Leading and managing
   staff, services, and resources as part of the organization's business;
   defining and achieving career goals)
   - Education & Training (Providing, evaluating, and measuring learning;
   defining competencies - this is the area I'm a member of)

We're especially looking for advanced-level issues, "core skill"
development, and cutting-edge topics emerging within the profession –
especially within the context of the six content areas listed above.

Must-have program topics will be included in the Call for Proposals in
September. Program and workshop proposals will be due to AALL on October 6.

If you have questions about this evolving approach to Annual Meeting
program curation, please feel free to contact me.  Thank you in
advance for sharing
your "must-have" ideas! <http://aall-ampc.ideascale.com/>  I'm looking
forward to voting on them.

Debbie