[teknoids] Accomdation Software

Nelson, Stephen stephen.nelson at marquette.edu
Tue Aug 4 11:58:49 EDT 2015

We have WYNN from Freedom Scientific installed on a laptop. WYNN is what our campus office of disability services recommends. The laptop is available to students for exams but they could ask for it anytime. The student is responsible for providing their own laptop for typing the exam and we provide the laptop to read the exam questions to the student.

The only scenario we have experienced involves a student who uses Dragon for dictation. We create an unsecure SofTest exam (to allow Dragon to work). We also provide the WYNN laptop to read the exam questions. This allows our administration to maintain custody of the exam questions. We also found that in testing Dragon and SofTest reading from one source and dictating to another was klunky. Students actually preferred to have the two machines to simplify the process.

Steve Nelson
stephen.nelson at marquette.edu<mailto:stephen.nelson at marquette.edu>
Marquette University Law School
Media & Technology Group