[teknoids] Email overload and Communications Portal with Integrated CMS

Randy Thompson rjthomps at uark.edu
Fri Apr 3 14:47:28 EDT 2015

Hi Jenny,

We use AppointLink’s MyLaw portal here for the same reason; students said they were overwhelmed with email and weren’t reading them as a result.  MyLaw successfully reduced the amount of email traffic from the law school administration to the students by many orders of magnitude.  However, the students now say they don’t have time to check MyLaw so they still miss the communications.

MyLaw comes with its own CMS that I think is pretty good.  I use it for my class and it does what I need.  However, I doubt AppointLink has any established interface with Canvas.  The AppointLink folks are pretty responsive and I’m sure would certainly consider developing the interface, but it would be at a cost.

Thanks,
Randy

Randall J. Thompson
Director, Law Library and Information Technology Services
University of Arkansas
Young Law Library
202C WATR
1 University of Arkansas