[teknoids] Reminder: Call for Proposals open for Law Repositories
Carol A Watson
cwatson at uga.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:23:09 EDT 2014
Law Repositories 2015: Shaping the Future Conference
On behalf of the Conference Steering Committee, we would like to invite you to submit a proposal for the conference, Law Repositories 2015: Shaping the Future<http://scholarship.law.wm.edu/lawrepositories/>.
This conference will be hosted by the William & Mary Law School at the Woodlands Conference Center in Williamsburg, VA from March 30 - 31, 2015.
The conference is an opportunity for Law School Repository Administrators to gather information and communicate with other professionals about advanced topics relating to open access repositories. It will address issues such as:
* The changing purpose of the repository as it moves from research-based collections to a wider spectrum that includes a school's history, archives, special collections, and intellectual output.
* Dealing with multimedia: how to handle conversion, storage, preservation, display, and permissions when it comes to audio, video, and photographs.
* How institutional policies and practices effect established repositories: what new materials are being collected, how were decisions made, who in the law school community you need to work with, and the impact on library policies and personnel.
* The challenges of collecting non-standard born digital materials such as blogs and html-based publications.
* Gathering and using statistics.
We invite program proposals from now until 5pm, November 7, 2014. Accepted program proposal submissions should be able to fit within a 60 minute segment including time for questions.
Submit your proposal here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1h9DiY3J4RO0CToV1UXk_e9DkDXnhQk0QVzHdozwjm7M/viewform?usp=send_form>
UGA Law Library
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Teknoids