[teknoids] Public Access Computers

Groves, Calvin B calvin.groves at uky.edu
Mon Sep 15 16:24:06 EDT 2014

Hello All,

I was asked a few weeks back to look for a solution for our library public access computers that:

  1.  Forced a click-through terms of use agreement
  2.  Timed the session and forced a restart
  3.  Did not require the creation of an account for the patrons

I landed on Faronics WINSelect. It seems like a powerful tool, and an additional (bonus in my mind) feature, is it requires unique codes for each session. There is some debate around the use of these codes with our librarians. I’m now looking for software that simply prompts the terms of use without any other features. So I have two questions for you:

  1.  What software do you use in a similar fashion for your public access computers?
  2.  Do you know of any software that offers a simple terms of use agreement with no additional features?

Thanks!

Calvin

--
Calvin Groves
Director of Information Technology | University of Kentucky College of Law