[teknoids] Outsourced web design

Tracey McCartney tracey at fairhousing.com
Wed Mar 12 14:29:49 EST 2014

We had this done several months ago.  Honestly, all I wanted was a nice new
Drupal theme for our site, but the company (Horton Web Design) wanted to add
a bunch of functionality, restructure it, etc.  It was a battle of wills
from the word Go.  They also wanted to host it, and I reluctantly allowed
them to for a while until I discovered they weren't keeping the modules
updated.  They even let the Drupal core go unupdated when there was a
security update overdue.

The site's not bad, but it operates in a way I'm not used to because of some
special content modules they decided to use.

My advice: if you are working with a company that doesn't seem willing to
limit their scope of services to what you want, walk away and find someone
else.  They all want to sell you more services than you need.

Tracey