[teknoids] Outsourced web design

Levy, Sam sam.levy at law.lsu.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:12:01 EST 2014

Teknoids,

We are investigating the potential cost of a web redesign.  We have the programming and implementation resources in-house, but not necessarily the artistic and design resources we would like for a full makeover.  Have any of you recently contracted outside of your university for web design work?  Did you use a local firm, or cast a wider net?  How big was your undertaking—a ground up solution vs. specific thematic needs? Did your endeavor end up being more costly than expected?  Do you have any particular firms that you would recommend?

I understand that a full consulting service/analysis in addition to the art side of things can be costly—we have plenty of analytics and our own WordPress development going here, so I am hoping that by only seeking the design itself it would not be so expensive.

Any suggestions or comments you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you

Sam J Levy
Internet Applications Developer
LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center