[teknoids] CALIcon14 session co-hosting opportunity

Covey, Chad covey at law.unm.edu
Wed Mar 12 09:55:51 EST 2014

Greetings Teknoids,

The University of New Mexico is in the process of adopting a version of the RCM budget model (Responsibility Center Management).  We'd like to co-host a discussion at CALIcon14 with attendees whose institutions have instituted RCM, or even with those whose campus may have attempted to implement it (but ultimately didn't).  It seems that RCM gets wrapped up with larger questions of transparency, national reputation, and just what an institution owes its state constituencies. We'd like to discuss those larger issues and, via the open discussion, reveal some of the unintended results of RCM, both good and bad.   Our hope - to give those at the session a sense of what to expect (and maybe what they should argue for) during an RCM adoption.

If you or any of your colleagues are interested in co-hosting with us, please email covey at law.unm.edu  If you are not attending CALIcon or are set to do another session, but have some thoughts on RCM you'd like to pass along, we'd love to hear what you have to say.

Best,

Chad Covey
Technical Analyst III
University of New Mexico School of Law