[teknoids] CALIcon14 - Virtualbox and Linux Mint Workshop Thurs. 6/19 1 - 5 PM

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Thu Jun 12 14:55:15 EDT 2014

Folks,
If your going to CALIcon14 next week (yes, it is that close) you may
want to sign up for the Virtualbox and Linux Mint Workshop on Thursday
afternoon. The work is being run by Ben Chapman, Assistant Dean for IT
at Emory Law. Ben is a frequent contributor to Teknoids, a panelist on
the Law School Tech Talk podcast, a blogger, a long time attendee of
CALIcon.

Seating for the workshop is limited to 20 and you'll need your own
laptop. You can get more details and sign-up at
http://conference.cali.org/2014/content/virtualbox-and-linux-mint-workshop.

>From the workshop description:

This will be a hands-on tutorial on how to install Oracle Virtualbox
on to your notebook computer along with how to install the latest
version of Mint, which is a very user-friendly and attractive Linux
distribution that loves long walks on the beach and open source
software.
Bring your computers! We will be installing Virtualbox, which is very
good desktop virtualization software and once we have that installed,
we will install Linux Mint. Linux Mint is now the fourth most popular
desktop OS in the world.

Thanks,
Elmer.

emasters at cali.org    773-332-7508