[teknoids] RE: Recommendations to 1Ls on Tablets? Surface?

Ian K. Brown ikbrown at law.syr.edu
Thu Jun 12 09:10:22 EDT 2014

Since we are an ExamSoft school and the version we use only runs on a Pc or Mac, those are the only platforms that we recommend. We don't recommend any particular brands/models, even though our campus bookstore sells Dell laptops.

We usually tell students that even if they decide to go with a tablet, they would still need a laptop for exams.

The new Surface Pro looks like an interesting option and seems promising but it's still too early to make a call on it.

Ian K. Brown | Systems Administrator | College of Law

Syracuse University
Office of Information Technology and Support Services
120 E.I. White Hall
Syracuse, New York 13244-1030

t 315-443-4884  f 315-443-4026  e ikbrown at law.syr.edu<mailto:ikbrown at law.syr.edu>

The information contained in this e-mail is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  Any dissemination, distribution or forwarding of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited without prior consent from the sender.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender.