[teknoids] Recommendations to 1Ls on Tablets? Surface?

Loftus Becker lofty at me.com
Wed Jun 11 19:33:33 EDT 2014

I’ve known students who got by with a tablet (an iPad and a keyboard), and were happy with it, but they were willing to write their exams in bluebooks. I wouldn’t advise it, but it’s cheaper (and the long battery life is nice). I dunno about the Microsoft tablet.

Whatever they get, the more RAM the better, and a solid state drive (256 gigs) is a real speedup. Me, I’ve been entirely happy with a Macbook Air for a few years, and the lighter weight is a definite plus. Maybe more for me than the buffed up students.

-Lofty
UConn Law