[teknoids] Chronology of Legal Technology

Melamut, Steven J melamut at email.unc.edu
Mon Dec 29 10:25:31 EST 2014

I am looking for timeline or chronology of legal technology.  I want to show the students in the legal tech class that the rate of change has been accelerating and hopefully get them to understand that they will need to adapt to a radically different practice environment in the course of their careers.   I did find one chronology at http://www.lawsitesblog.com/2010/02/chronology-of-legal-technology-1842.html but it ends in 1995, when many of these students were in elementary school.

There is also a fun list of Legal Technology Future Horizons Technology Timeline at http://www.iltanet.org/FDownloads/FTechTimelineAppendixLTFH.pdf&ei=_GChVMH4JoOqgwSWyoOQDQ&usg=AFQjCNE6gnf02d9NPae0hGanGqxBJvEewQ <http://www.iltanet.org/FDownloads/FTechTimelineAppendixLTFH.pdf&ei=_GChVMH4JoOqgwSWyoOQDQ&usg=AFQjCNE6gnf02d9NPae0hGanGqxBJvEewQ%20>
   http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD4QFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iltanet.org%2FDownloads%2FTechTimelineAppendixLTFH.pdf&ei=_GChVMH4JoOqgwSWyoOQDQ&usg=AFQjCNE6gnf02d9NPae0hGanGqxBJvEewQ

Has anyone any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Steve
Steven Melamut