[teknoids] RE: Biggest bar exam disaster ever?

Edward Myers Jr. ed.myers at temple.edu
Thu Aug 7 11:03:39 EDT 2014

To add to the anecdotal evidence coming in from others, my experience was
much the same as Jane, Wes, Daniel and others. I served as site engineer in
Secaucus the Thursday after the upload issue occurred, as well as at NYC on
Tuesday. A large portion of the applicants at the Secaucus site took the
bar in NYC the Tuesday before and would have been subject to the upload
delays. Many recognized me from the prior exam day and judging by the media
coverage, I expected an onslaught of questions as an Examsoft
representative at the site after what was made out to be such a huge
calamity.

That just didn't happen. Not even a little bit.

I had maybe 4 or 5 applicants ask me about their uploads from the NY Bar.
By this point, they all had received emails confirming their uploads had
gone through without issue well before the upload deadline and none of them
seemed angry or frustrated - more just wanting to be reassured that their
answers were received and all was well - which they had, and it was.

This leads me to agree that the whole thing was way overblown. On-site, the
software was extremely stable at both the NYC and NJ locations. The biggest
issues I encountered were related to SofTest throwing one of two "Closed
Unexpectedly" errors on many Macs after the exam had been exited and the
applicants clicked the "Upload Later" button. The error could be safely
ignored or dismissed and SofTest ordinarily closes after pressing that
button anyway.

Edward A Myers Jr
Web and Media Services Coordinator
Temple University