[teknoids] What's your favorite printer for Student Printing?

Haythorn Denny dhaythorn at law.whittier.edu
Fri May 24 14:14:27 EDT 2013

We had OCE printer/copiers everywhere.  They looked like Soviet Tractors and were old analog machines, but never broke.  So Canon bought OCE and when our lease was up, after a long review process of quite a few manufacturers, we went with various Canon models.  Now we have Canon Image Runner models everywhere.  They are grumpy, slow, and look flimsy.  Canon can't get the copier card system to work correctly for copies of work student print (book coping charging works fine).   The Image Runners are confusing to operate, although there are a lot of very nice features like color scanning even on the non-color printers.  If I could figure out where the old OCE's went I would try to get them back.  I have a bad feeling about them, but Canon was the most responsive in the bid process and we have our old OCE techs still visiting us.

Denny