[teknoids] Re: Lunch Time Poll - Law Libraries and Law IT

Sarah Glassmeyer sarah at cali.org
Wed Jul 31 17:51:50 EDT 2013

Okay, results are in!

The Law Library should be under the Law IT umbrella - 2 votes
I don't think it really matters - 21 votes
The IT department should be under the Law Library umbrella - 29 votes
The Law Library and the IT Department should be separate entities - 45 votes

So, not that anyone asked, but I disagree with the great majority of you.
I think having the two departments combined could streamline processes and
budgets.  Personally, if I ever got to run a law school, I would have a CIO
and have the library be under that person, so technically the library would
be under the IT umbrella.  (I know I ruined any chance of working in a
library again since I came to work for CALI, but that comment probably
sealed the deal.  :)  )  Of course, there's nothing stopping a librarian
from being a CIO...

So, this was fun!  Thank you all for sharing your opinions...it was very
enlightening.  And, judging by some of the extra comments put in the form,
this is clearly an area that some people feel very strongly about.  Maybe
we should have a polite debate about it at CALIcon.

Thanks,
Sarah

sarah at cali.org
http://www.cali.org/