[teknoids] Re: Tech Audit for Law Students

Sarah Glassmeyer sarah at cali.org
Mon Jul 29 12:35:27 EDT 2013

Okay, Teknoids, maybe we should put it this way....

If CALI were to have lessons available in tech skills, is that something
you would find useful for your students.  Additionally/alternatively, would
you like training on using CALI author to create home grown tutorials on
issues local to your school such as "how to print" or "how to get exam
software loaded on to your laptop"?

- Sarah

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Elmer Masters <emasters at cali.org> wrote:

> Don,
> I saw this and several earlier pieces on the same project. I even
> wrote a rather lengthy blog post about it back in May. The post closed
> with challenge for Teknoids:
>
> "Perhaps law schools should develop their own tech audit, a sort of
> technical bar exam. Students who complete the exercises would receive
> a certificate that indicates they’ve achieved a certain level of
> technical competency in a set of software tools. Wouldn’t it be great
> if law schools had access to some sort of platform to create these
> sorts of exercises, distribute them to students, track student
> results, and issue certifications? You with me here? This is something
> that could be done with the CALI platform. CALI Author for creating
> and authoring the exercises, Classcaster for Lesson distribution, the
> CALI Lesson system for student tracking. It’s all there, just waiting
> for someone to pick it up and run with it.
>
> How about it Teknoids? Care to step up and get a piece of the change
> coming to legal education?"
>
> The full post is at http://elide.us/1Z and the challenge to this group
> still stands.
>
> Thanks,
> Elmer.
>

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Zhou, Dongfa <donzhou at stthomas.edu>
> wrote:
> > Just wonder if anyone has seen this post a couple of weeks ago on
> technology audit.  The discussions are also typical when teaching of
> technology is mentioned:
> >

> http://www.abajournal.com/legalrebels/article/could_you_pass_this_in-house_counsels_tech_test
> >

> > Don Zhou
> > University of St. Thomas Law School
> >

> --
> Elmer R. Masters
> Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
> emasters at cali.org    773-332-7508

Sarah Glassmeyer | Director of Content Development
565 West Adams, Chicago, IL  60661
312-906-5316 | 312-906-5280 - fax
sarah at cali.org
http://www.cali.org/