[teknoids] Re: Tech Audit for Law Students

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Mon Jul 29 10:00:39 EDT 2013

Don,
I saw this and several earlier pieces on the same project. I even
wrote a rather lengthy blog post about it back in May. The post closed
with challenge for Teknoids:

"Perhaps law schools should develop their own tech audit, a sort of
technical bar exam. Students who complete the exercises would receive
a certificate that indicates they’ve achieved a certain level of
technical competency in a set of software tools. Wouldn’t it be great
if law schools had access to some sort of platform to create these
sorts of exercises, distribute them to students, track student
results, and issue certifications? You with me here? This is something
that could be done with the CALI platform. CALI Author for creating
and authoring the exercises, Classcaster for Lesson distribution, the
CALI Lesson system for student tracking. It’s all there, just waiting
for someone to pick it up and run with it.

How about it Teknoids? Care to step up and get a piece of the change
coming to legal education?"

The full post is at http://elide.us/1Z and the challenge to this group
still stands.

Thanks,