[teknoids] Suggestions for 1L Technology Survey?

Monroe, Will Will.Monroe at law.lsu.edu
Wed Jul 24 15:50:32 EDT 2013

Thanks, Sarah!  I think these are relevant areas to pursue.  If I can incorporate them and still keep the survey relatively brief, I will.

Will

Will Monroe, Ph.D.
Head of Instructional Technology
Paul M. Hebert Law Center
225.578.7838
will.monroe at law.lsu.edu<mailto:will.monroe at law.lsu.edu>

On Jul 24, 2013, at 9:45 AM, Sarah Glassmeyer <sarah at cali.org<mailto:sarah at cali.org>> wrote:

Very cool!

Just from a demographic standpoint, if you're asking for gender, you might as well as for age.

With regards to the online courses, it may be interesting to see if they have any idea about what they used - blackboard, moodle, etc.  And a follow up as to why they like or did not like the online courses - was it the scheduling freedom, the opportunity to interact "anonymously", didn't feel like they were known by professor, etc.

With e-textbooks, I'd also ask about their general ebook usage.  Do they read ebooks for pleasure?  Have they used ebooks for previous scholarship (not textbooks, but for research.)  What do they use?  Phone, kindle, ipad, etc.  Have they ever checked out an ebook from a library?

- Sarah