[teknoids] Estimating Tech Support Costs for Distance Ed Course?

Deb Quentel dquentel at cali.org
Mon Jul 8 14:43:07 EDT 2013

Brian,
No direct experience, but I'd check http://sloanconsortium.org/ to see
if they have suggested standards or discussion on this topic.

Deb

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Brian Huddleston <bhuddle at loyno.edu> wrote:
>    Does anyone have any experience estimating the cost of tech support for
> distance education classes? This is for a grant proposal, so it would be
> wonderful if there was an "industry standard" to benchmark the numbers of
> hours of tech support expected for an asynchronous distance education class
> using any given CMS and on-line video of all lectures. I know that's pretty
> broad and imprecise, but that's basically what we're trying to find out. And
> just the tech support, not the cost of the CMS, video hosting, hardware,
> etc. Anything better than making up numbers would be useful. Any ideas?
>
> Brian Huddleston                             bhuddle at loyno.edu
> Senior Reference Librarian                   http://www.loyno.edu/~bhuddle
> Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
> Office Phone: 504-861-5486                   Office Fax:   504-861-5895

Deb Quentel
Director of Curriculum Development & General Counsel
CALI - Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
565 W. Adams St., Chicago, IL 60661 - USA
Tele: 1-312-906-5353 (office); 1-773-491-6917 (mobile)
www.cali.org

++++++
This email and any attachments may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary.  It is intended for the email recipient noted above.  If
you are a person responsible for delivering this transmission to the
intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy or distribute this
transmission or take any action in reliance on it.
+++++++
Follow CALI
Facebook: facebook.com/caliorg
Twitter: @caliorg