[teknoids] Estimating Tech Support Costs for Distance Ed Course?

Brian Huddleston bhuddle at loyno.edu
Mon Jul 8 13:21:44 EDT 2013

    Does anyone have any experience estimating the cost of tech support for
distance education classes? This is for a grant proposal, so it would be
wonderful if there was an "industry standard" to benchmark the numbers of
hours of tech support expected for an asynchronous distance education
class using any given CMS and on-line video of all lectures. I know that's
pretty broad and imprecise, but that's basically what we're trying to find
out. And just the tech support, not the cost of the CMS, video hosting,
hardware, etc. Anything better than making up numbers would be useful. Any
ideas?

Brian Huddleston                             bhuddle at loyno.edu
Senior Reference Librarian                   http://www.loyno.edu/~bhuddle
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Office Phone: 504-861-5486                   Office Fax:   504-861-5895