[teknoids] MOML local hosting

CHRISTOPHER J NOE noe at olemiss.edu
Fri Feb 1 12:46:14 EST 2013

(library) noids,

We are considering hosting our Making of Modern Law files on our own server, rather than paying Gale to host them.  If any of you have done this, I'd like to hear from you.  What sort of indexing/database/search engine did you use?  The files are TIFFs and XML info. is provided, but no access tools like those you get when you have the files hosted by Gale.  I have a Synology Disk Station NAS with 8 TB of storage that I can set up as an iSCSI drive on our web server, so the hardware shouldn't be an issue.

Christopher Noe
Assistant Director (& Network Admin. & Library IT guy)
Grisham Law Library
University of Mississippi
noe at olemiss dot edu
phone  662-915-6850