[teknoids] RE: Subject Guide Software

Teresa Coberly teresa.coberly at Colorado.EDU
Fri Dec 13 12:52:11 EST 2013

At the Wise Law library we use the open source product Subjects Plus. http://www.subjectsplus.com/

We use it for Research Guides http://lawlibrary.colorado.edu/SubjectsPlus/subjects/index.php and a database list http://lawlibrary.colorado.edu/SubjectsPlus/subjects/databases.php?letter=All

We just started using it at the beginning of last semester and I've been very impressed with the great support provided by the developers through a Google Group and email.  The current iteration is v. 2 and the developers are working on v. 3.

Teresa

---
Teresa Coberly
William A. Wise Law Library, University of Colorado Law School
Phone 303-492-4711  : Fax 303-492-2707
teresa.coberly at colorado.edu<mailto:teresa.coberly at colorado.edu>

From: teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu [mailto:teknoids-bounces at ruckus.law.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Brooks, Tina M
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 10:30 AM
To: Teknoids; Hart, James (hartjw)
Subject: [teknoids] RE: Subject Guide Software

I have only seen a few academic (law or otherwise) libraries that have non-LibGuides research guides, and I believe they are all self-hosted as part of the library website.  I can't think of anybody using anything other than those two options, but please share if you do find anything else; it's always good to know what's out there.

I will say that I have nothing but praise for Springshare's tech support (the vendor for LibGuides).  I deal with sub-par tech support from more than a few vendors, but Springshare's responses to any questions are consistently timely, pleasant, and often go beyond the call of duty.

Tina M. Brooks
Electronic Services Librarian

University of Kentucky
College of Law Library