[teknoids] Older firewire miniDV camera on a newer MacBook Pro

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Fri Apr 26 16:18:01 EDT 2013

Hi Mike,

Sadly my MBP lacks Thunderbolt and/or USB 3.0 or a Blackmagic device
would be a good possibility.

In the realm of capture devices, especially if I have to go the
ExpressCard route anyway, some thing like the Matrox MXO2 Mini
(http://cca.li/nc) looks real interesting. A capture box like that
would give me a pretty good amount of flexibility in terms of what
devices I capture from.

Is anyone out there using a Blackmagic or Matrox device for portable capture?

Thanks,
Elmer.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Mike Morales <m1morales at scu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Elmer,
>
> Is your Macbook one of the newer models with the Thunderbolt port and/or USB
> 3.0 technology? I was recently looking at these devices to connect our
> cameras for live streaming.
>
> http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/
>
> Their products support a variety of inputs from standard composite to HDMI.
> I'm thinking that if you have the composite cable for that camera you can
> send it out to this device.

Director of Internet Development
emasters at cali.org    773-332-7508