[teknoids] CMS Drupal or Wordpress/ Open Source Journal Software

Elmer Masters emasters at cali.org
Thu Apr 25 14:01:06 EDT 2013

Hi Michelene.
I maintain (more or less) the list of law school sites using Drupal.
I'm not aware of a similar list for Wordpress powered sites.
I have extensive experience with both Drupal (www.cali.org) and
Wordpress (www.classcaster.net) and would be more than willing to talk
to you about this decision. Feel free to give me a call at
773-332-7508.
As far as journal archives go, I gave a talk about that very thing at
the CALI Conference a couple of years ago: http://cca.li/nb

Thanks,
Elmer.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Michelene Decrow <mdecrow at maine.edu> wrote:
> Our Law School is looking at a re-design for our HTML site which is
> currently managed in Dreamweaver.
> Senior Administration is hearing that a CMS is a must and the two proposals
> we received are for Wordpress.
> I found the list of Law Schools who use DRUPAL, is there a list of Law
> Schools who use Wordpress?
>
> I would like to talk with anyone who has experience in either of these
> content management systems to assist us in making the right choice.
> I also wondered if anyone has adopted open source journal software for your
> journals. We currently have 150 html pages dedicated to journal archives.
>
> I would really appreciate any communication. We hope to have this done by
> the Fall term.
> Thanks,
> Michelene Decrow
> Director of Law School Technology