[teknoids] RE: Help desk ticketing solution - recommendations needed

Edmunds, Doug edmunds at unc.edu
Tue Apr 23 15:04:20 EDT 2013

We use BMC Remedy since central ITS maintains a campus license for it and it's what people at UNC generally know. The advantage is that we can trade tickets with other group across campus (ITS networking, the Windows infrastructure group, etc.), with whom we often need to collaborate on support. We do have to pay for licenses but piggyback off ITS's master site license, so it's fairly cheap for us at least. It's a solid product and works well cross-platform using the web version. UNC has done a fair amount of customization to it, but that hasn't resulted in any significant issues during major upgrades.

Doug

---
Doug Edmunds
Assistant Dean for IT