[teknoids] Q's re Dropbox/DropSmack

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 11:23:08 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Edward Myers Jr. <ed.myers at temple.edu> wrote:

The only way I could see that this could
> possibly be prevented would be if dropbox or similar services somehow
> scanned all files that are uploaded for malicious code prior to syncing them
> to other connected machines, but that would inevitably cause privacy
> concerns.

Perhaps for services like Dropbox that do the encrypt/decrypt steps on
the cloud side (Dropbox can read your docs), but seems less likely for
services like Waula the handle encrypt/decrypt in the client app
(safer from prying eyes in the cloud).

But I'll also caveat that I too am not a security expert.

Best regards,

Paul