[teknoids] Law School sites - CMS?

MOORE, GARY GMOORE at law.sc.edu
Thu Nov 15 10:50:53 EST 2012

Is anyone using OmniUpdate?  The University of South Carolina has just implemented Omni Update and we are scheduled to migrate from our system to that sometime next year.     I am curious to see if anyone is using it and likes it (or not).

Ben, Scott - Hofstra uses HannonHill Cascade and I have a lot of familiarity with it.  Cascade works very well for the most part. The key is how you implement the page creation/update template for users.  If templates are not implemented properly, it can be difficult for users to update pages.  However, if you implement good user templates, pages can be updated easily.

The reason I say this is that Hofstra Law went with two different iteration of templates via Cascade. The first University implementation resulted in really only the Web group updating pages (including myself).   The new implementation, which Hofstra worked with their outside vendor that's overseeing the new site rebranding, is much more user friendly (at least to me).

Scott, I can ask the webmaster at Hofstra, Mike Wagner, who knows Cascade as well as anyone,  to get in touch with you.  He is also on Teknoids.

Gary

Gary Moore
Assistant Dean for Academic Technology

Phone - 803-777-8296