[teknoids] RE: Everybody's Favorite Topic...

Brian Huddleston bhuddle at loyno.edu
Thu May 10 11:07:33 EDT 2012

    One question we ask on our annual student tech survey is relevant to
our local "is print dead" debate; we ask "If you are assigned to read a
case or article for class that is more than five pages long and you have a
choice of reading it either in print or on-line, which would you prefer?'
This past fall, 93.8% of new students said they would prefer to read the
case or article in print, and 82.5% of upperclass students said they would
prefer to read it in print. That's with 95 and 90% laptop ownership,
respectively, but only 30 and 37% e-reader ownership.

Brian Huddleston                             bhuddle at loyno.edu
Senior Reference Librarian                   http://www.loyno.edu/~bhuddle
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Office Phone: 504-861-5486                   Office Fax:   504-861-5895