[teknoids] Interesting software to look at over the summer: Scrivener

Chapman, Ben ben.chapman at emory.edu
Mon May 7 16:33:45 EDT 2012

Joseph - I can see why it would be popular – it seems to work the way that a lot of lawyers think. Also, I like the idea that you can repurpose chunks of text and put them into different projects/case files, what have you.

Doug – I was poking around on their site and it looks like they offer very attractive pricing >250 seats – approximately $15 per license. I've sent off a note to our legal writing faculty to see if they would be interested in the software. We'll see if there is interest.

It's funny how knowledge is transmitted these days. The only reason I became aware of Scrivener was because of an article that Zite somehow picked out for me that mentioned that the Scrivener folks were finally at work on an iOS version of the package, but that they were proceding cautiously to make sure that they got it right. That piqued my interest. I've only played with it on the Linux side so far. They appear to be using QT to develop on both Windows and Linux. It looks polished, even on Linux.

Ben

--
Ben Chapman, J.D.
ben.chapman at emory.edu
Asst Dean for IT, Emory University School of Law
T: 404-727-6948 F: 404-727-2202
gtalk, skype: benjamin.chapman