[teknoids] Any interest in doing a Linux installfest at CALIcon12?

Daniel Nagy dnagy at liicornell.org
Mon May 7 13:22:14 EDT 2012

http://doctormo.org/2011/03/21/a-compliment-for-the-linux-adoption-curve/

Well, I think the linux adoption curve has either stalled or played out.
And this individual needs little incentive to drink. However, mixing tech
and adult beverages is appealing... so fine I'll come.

PS

Mixing adult beverages and *dangerous* tech is even better. So if somebody
will bring a dremmel, we can see how fast the linux install cd's will spin
before they explode...BYO eye protection...

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Elmer Masters <emasters at cali.org> wrote:

> Folks,
> I was wondering if there was any interest in doing a Linux installfest
> on Wednesday evening at CALIcon12? I'm thinking that we could use
> VMWare's VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/) on whatever laptop
> folks bring along to provide a host environment for one of the popular
> Linux distros. Using VirtualBox would get around needing a dedicated
> PC or having to do things like partition hard drives.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Elmer.
>
> --
> Elmer R. Masters
> Director of Internet Development
> Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
> emasters at cali.org    773-332-7508

Daniel Nagy
Systems
Legal Information Institute