[teknoids] Video Formats - Flash, HTML5: Recent Decisions?

Birch, Paul pbirch at richmond.edu
Thu May 3 11:28:22 EDT 2012

This is probably a topic raised here, but maybe not recently enough to reflect the current state of browsers and devices. I'd be curious to hear what others are doing about file formats to make their locally housed online videos as accessible as possible, particularly those of you whose choices reflect a fairly recent visit to the issues.  All HTML5? Multiple encoding formats in HTML5?  HTML5 with .flv fallback? I'm having a bit of trouble finding the cost/benefit "sweet spot" on all this-would like to work out the optimal approach with the fewest files.

Paul

--
Paul Birch
pbirch at richmond.edu