[teknoids] CALIcon Presentation Idea - Needs speakers

Sarah Glassmeyer sarah at cali.org
Wed Feb 29 10:44:25 EST 2012

Hello Teknoids,

I had an idea for a CALIcon presentation I think could be interesting and
useful but I do not possess the expertise to do it.  I'm hoping someone
here might take the ball and run with it.

Basically, as you know, we talk a lot at CALI about how to integrate
technology into law schools and clinics.  However, before that technology
gets there, someone needs to buy it or license it.  I was hoping someone
would do a how to/dos and don't dos/lessons learned type presentation on
how to buy/license technology.  Basically, what does a newish IT director
need to think about and know before budgeting for tech and how can they get
the best deal.  That sort of thing.  Fun anecdotes about what to do when
you've discovered a law prof using an unlicensed copy of WordPerfect and
has been for the past five years is a bonus.  I've seen some presentations
like this in the library sphere, but I'm assuming technology and IT
directors have slightly different needs.

Forgive me if this is a topic that's already been beaten into the ground in
CALIcons past.

- Sarah

--
Sarah Glassmeyer | Director of Content Development
565 West Adams, Chicago, IL  60661
sarah at cali.org
http://www.cali.org/