[teknoids] Call for Speakers - Conference for Law School Computing - 2012

John Mayer jmayer at cali.org
Thu Feb 2 15:26:49 EST 2012

CALL FOR SPEAKERS
The 22nd Annual Conference for Law School Computing
Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, CA
Thursday - Saturday
June 21-23, 2012

Conference website at http://conference.cali.org/2012

The theme for this year's conference is ....
SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED

We are constructing our future, here in the present.  We have many
excellent technologies, but figuring out how to use them to serve the
educational, scholarly, professional and public service missions of law
school is an ongoing challenge.  This year’s theme is a double entendre
meant to explicitly evoke that our future is not pre-packaged or purchased
from a vendor - some assembly is required to make the pieces fit into our
institutional cultures.  Secondly, face-to-face meetings are still
necessary in education, community-building and friendships. We need to
assemble with each other to make connections and share experiences, so come
assemble with your colleagues and friends - new and old in San Diego.

For 22 years, the CALI Conference has organized its schedule at nearly the
last minute in order to bring the most relevant and up-to-date
presentations to attendees. This year is no different and we are looking
for people with strong opinions, great ideas, interesting projects and
useful advice. Come and share and be challenged. If you are willing and
able to speak, your conference registration fee is FREE!

All sessions are 1 hour long. Everything will be recorded and posted.

To propose a session, just visit http://conference.cali.org/2012, login
with your CALI account, and click on the “Propose a session” link. Sessions
need to be submitted by Friday April 6, 2012. All sessions need to be
submitted through the CALI conference website.

We are going to use community voting to help with selecting sessions again
this year. Your votes let us know which sessions you would like to see on
the conference agenda. Starting on Monday February 27, 2012, voting will be
opened and will remain open until Friday April 27, 2012.  To vote you will
just need to login to the conference website and vote for the sessions you
would like to see on the agenda. You do not need to be registered for the
conference to vote.

We will notify speakers via email by May 4, 2012 if their session is
approved. The listing of approved sessions will be posted on the conference
website on May 4, 2012.

Conference hotel and registration information is also available at
http://conference.cali.org/2012.
CONFERENCE FEES

$395 for attendees from CALI member law schools

$795 for attendees from non-CALI member institutions

$Free for Speakers from member schools, CALI Authors, and CEB members

Questions, problems, ideas, suggestions? Send me a note.

2012 Conference hashtag is #CALICon12

Follow CALI on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CALIorg

Subscribe to the CALI Blog at www.cali.org/blog for updates.

Questions, problems, ideas, suggestions, contact me.

--
John Mayer
jmayer at cali.org
http://www.cali.org