[teknoids] Exams on iPads

Loftus Becker lofty at me.com
Mon Dec 17 15:49:37 EST 2012

Well, for years I took exams on a typewriter. That wasn’t a computer either. But I liked it. And believe me, the faculty grading my exams were grateful I didn’t write by hand.

I have students whose only electronic devices are an iPad and a telephone. At least one of them took her exam on her iPad, and did just fine. (She did have a keyboard to use.) I probably found it easier to grade than I would have found a handwritten one.

Loftus E. Becker, Jr.
Professor of Law
University of Connecticut School of Law
65 Elizabeth St.