[teknoids] Apple TV & AirPlay and iPads, oh my!

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Wed Aug 15 17:45:49 EDT 2012

Here's Cisco's take on it (or at least one of their takes)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_tech_note09186a0080bb1d7c.shtml

From: <Sparks>, Michael <Michael.Sparks at law.lsu.edu<mailto:Michael.Sparks at law.lsu.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:43 PM
To: Teknoids <teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu<mailto:teknoids at ruckus.law.cornell.edu>>
Subject: Re: [teknoids] Apple TV & AirPlay and iPads, oh my!

Doug,

What a coincidence, I was just looking at this today. If you're an Aruba Networks shop you may be interested in this: they have something called AirGroup that is aimed directly at this problem. Further, it can customize mDNS visibility by device location and user/device membership. Impressive, but we're a Cisco shop.

-Michael
--
J. Michael Sparks
Director of Computing Services