[teknoids] Distribution of clickers

David Dickens david.dickens at pepperdine.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:45:15 EDT 2011

At Pepperdine we also check out the clickers via the library for
distribution. We've not played with the response software options like the
web. I think part of the point is to get their eyes OFF the computer screen.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Megan Allen <mja5 at case.edu> wrote:

> Larry,
> We purchase the clickers for the students and use the library for
> distribution. Students check them out at the beginning of the semester and
> must return them at the end of the semester or they get overdue fines. I
> even catalog and distribute the RF Receivers to the faculty through the
> library. The system works great.
> Regards,
> Megan
>
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Larry Ross <lross at law.gwu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Teknoids,
>>
>> There was some discussion a while a back about the use of clickers
>> (classroom response systems).  For one of our larger classes, we are looking
>> for a way to put one into each student's hands for an entire semester.  I'm
>> interested in hearing how other schools have approached this, either by
>> requiring students to purchase clickers or by some other means, and how well
>> you think it worked.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Larry
>> *****************
>> Lawrence Ross
>> Head of Instructional and Media Services
>> Jacob Burns Law Library
>> George Washington University Law School
>> 716 20th Street NW
>> Washington, DC 20052
>> 202-994-0037

> Megan Allen
> Electronic Services and Training Librarian  |  Case Western Reserve
> University
> Judge Ben C. Green Law Library  |  11075 East Blvd.  |  Cleveland, OH
> 44116
> Office: 216-368-5223  |  Fax: 216-368-5223  |  megan.allen at case.edu
> http://law.case.edu/library  |  Stay connected to the Library on *Facebook
> * <http://www.facebook.com/caselawlibrary>

David Dickens, Consulting Technologist and Systems Architect, Pepperdine
University School of Law / 310.506.4047
Think Before You Print <http://www.pepperdine.edu/sustainability/>