[teknoids] Computer Lab Furniture

James Callison callison at hamilton.law.ou.edu
Thu Oct 6 15:55:27 EDT 2011

On 10/4/2011 1:21 PM, Butler, Jamie wrote:
> Any furniture recommendations?
We're still seeing a decent amount of Lab usage, and we're even looking
at the possibility of adding another small-ish Lab on the Classroom level.

We've had good luck with Novastations
(http://www.novadesk.com/productsIMod.asp?ID=6). We currently have fifty
or so of them in service, and we've had many of them in service since
'98 (we've added many since then). In that time the students have only
managed to break three of the keyboard tray mounts--and we've had a few
gorillas disguised as law students who managed to break loose podiums
that were bolted to the concrete floor.

Personally, I'm not a fan of them (there's no room to stretch your
legs), and they aren't favorites of bifocal wearers, but most students
like the privacy that their design affords. We also don't have to worry
about the PITA students who like to look at, umm, "offensive" images in
as obvious a manner as possible, which, in turn, means we don't have to
listen to the complaints of students who were offended by seeing said
images. (Of course, that's all _completely_ hypothetical; no law student
would *ever* do anything like that. Ever.)

James

James P. Callison, MCP+I, MCSE
Network Administrator/Webmaster
The University of Oklahoma Law Center ITS
callison at www.law.ou.edu
  Four walls to hear me
  Four walls to see
  Four walls too near me